Who will I see regularly?
An interprofessional team is involved in the provision of your care, including:
- A Physician will be responsible for your medical care during your stay.
- Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, a Nurse Practitioner and Health-Care Aides who provide quality care to you 24 hours a day.
- A Social Worker will be available to you and your family to provide support and information regarding the Interim Care unit and your move to your Personal Care Home of choice. As well, the Social Worker is available for counselling, referral, advocacy and assistance with any personal concerns.
- A Recreation Facilitator who will offer a wide range of recreation and social programs.
- A Chaplain who provides spiritual and emotional support for you and your family.
- A Nutrition and Food Services Representative who will visit you to discuss your eating routines and nutrition/diet concerns.
- Aides who provide housekeeping and laundry services.
Who else will I meet?
You will meet a variety of support staff members throughout your stay. These people include:
- Volunteers who help enrich your stay by assisting with recreation programs, social outings and spending time with you, doing what you enjoy.
- Finance Services staff who charge and receive your rent and provide trust accounting services.
- Maintenance staff who are available to hang pictures, repair plumbing and safety check electrical equipment and provide overall building maintenance.
- Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists are available on a consultative basis to assist in selecting equipment such as wheelchairs and cushions and to assess your strength and your ability to stand and walk.
Misericordia Health Centre promotes quality care and services through well educated staff. As part of our commitment to education, we accept a variety of students in health related programs for practice experiences. All of these experiences are supervised.