Financial Services

What Personal Items am I responsible for?

  • Your accommodation at the daily rate established by Manitoba Health using a formula based on your income.
  • Personal items such as mouthwash, tooth paste, toothbrush, dental powder, dental adhesive, Kleenex, deodorant, aftershave, hand lotions,, hair brushes, combs, electric razors, dentures and eye glasses are purchased by the resident or family.
  • Additional items for your care will need to be reviewed with the nurse in charge.


Your valuables (rings, bank and credit cards, important papers, etc) and large amounts of cash should be placed in safekeeping as we can not be responsible for lost items.

How can I pay my accounts?

As the preferred method of payment for your monthly charges, the Centre offers the convenience of cheques, cash and pre-authorized bank debits (electronic funds transfers). This service may be accessed by filling out an authorization form and providing the Finance Department with a voided cheque.

If you pay by cheque, these may be:

  • Mailed to the Finance Office,
  • Dropped off at the Finance Office during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 4 p.m.) or,
  • Dropped off at the Security Office, Reception Desk or Information desk at any time. These locations are located on the main floor in both Misericordia Place and Misericordia Health Centre.

Cash payments will only be accepted during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A receipt will be issued when your cash or cheque is received in the Finance Office and receipts should be retained for income tax purposes.

You may directly deposit the following into your Trust Account, if you wish:

  • Old Age Security
  • Guaranteed Income Supplement
  • Superannuation
  • Other Pensions

Expenses that can be charged to a Trust Account:

  • Cable TV
  • Foot Care
  • Salon
  • Transportation
  • Equipment Rentals
  • Recreation Outings and Special Events
  • Gift Shop
  • Accessing Cash

You may obtain small amounts of cash from your trust account at Security during normal business hours. Larger amounts of money may be issued to you in the form of a cheque. This may require advance notice to our Business Office.

What happens to my money and valuables?

A limited banking service is available to deposit cash in a Trust Account within the Centre. This account is available if you require some cash or if you wish to purchase goods or services on credit. Monthly statements for your trust fund account are issued to you or to the person responsible for your finances.

Font Resize