Vision Loss Resources
When vision loss occurs – temporarily or permanently – it is a big adjustment for the patient and their family and friends.
Vision loss doesn’t have to mean the loss of independence or quality of life! With the right support, people who are blind or partially sighted can do almost anything.
The resources below have been compiled by occupational therapists to provide helpful resources and tips for people with all types of visual ability: from very minor vision loss to almost completely blind and are intended for both people who are experiencing low vision, as well as friends and family members looking for ways to help.
- CNIB: Sight Loss Information
- Help seeing with one eye – English or French
- Low vision: resources and practical suggestions
- Safe travel for people with vision loss and limited mobility – English or French
- Services for students who are blind or visually impaired
- Support for people with vision loss – English or French
- Video: Adjustment to Monocular Vision: Part 1
- Video: Adjustment to Monocular Vision: Part 2
- Vision loss: tips to help with daily living
- Vision loss Rehabilitation Manitoba